Here’s how to make Bacon Breakfast bundles (or a veggie Dairy free one which is the bacon free one)
1) pre-heat oven to 350 C (we cooked ours at 400 today so the bottom of the bread got a bit dark and the yolks went hard after 13 minutes of cooking time)
2) butter/oil your muffin tin
3) cut a circle of bread for the bottom (we used Raisin Challah which is quite tasty)
4) Cook your bacon (or fake meat) until it’s 75% done. Turkey bacon actually works better to wrap the inside of the tin.
5) Place your bacon around the tin creating a basket in the center for your egg. Watch your fingers. It’s hot! I only had veggie sausage so I put a layer on the top of the bread with a bit of salsa for flavor. Next time I’m going to try smoked salmon! Yum!
6) break an egg in the center and place in the oven.
7) after 5 minutes, add cheese to the top if you want.
8) cook 5-8 more minutes. Yolks will continue to cook so make sure you take them out when still soft.
We had these bad boys with spinach cooked with fresh salsa and oven roasted potatoes. Happy days!